By Simon Haykin
This collaborative paintings offers the result of over 20 years of pioneering study by means of Professor Simon Haykin and his colleagues, facing using adaptive radar sign processing to account for the nonstationary nature of our surroundings. those effects have profound implications for defense-related sign processing and distant sensing. References are supplied in every one bankruptcy guiding the reader to the unique examine on which this publication relies.
Read Online or Download Adaptive Radar Signal Processing PDF
Similar microwaves books
Absolutely up to date to handle the new advances in lightwave structures, Optical Fiber Telecommunications III, Volumes A & B, offer definitive assurance of crucial elements of cutting-edge optical fiber communications expertise and provides perception into constructing learn in what has develop into a multi-billion buck worldwide undefined.
High-speed Photodiodes in average CMOS expertise describes high-speed photodiodes in general CMOS expertise which enable monolithic integration of optical receivers for short-haul communique. for brief haul communique the fee point is critical , and accordingly it's fascinating that the optical receiver will be built-in within the similar CMOS know-how because the remainder of the process.
The zone of the electromagnetic spectrum among microwaves and infrared radiation has turn out to be often called the "THz gap," mostly as a result of loss of available laboratory resources and detectors. capability purposes, even if, rather in medication, protection, and communications, have resulted in elevated task through the mainstream physics and engineering neighborhood lately.
This publication explains thoughts and examples for designing good amplifiers for high-frequency purposes, within which the sign is small and the amplifier circuit is linear. An in-depth dialogue of linear community concept offers the basis had to increase real designs. Examples through the publication will enable you to follow the data received in every one bankruptcy resulting in the complicated layout of low noise amplifiers.
- Microwave engineering using microstrip circuits
- Optoelectronic Circuits in Nanometer CMOS Technology
- Design of FET frequency multipliers and harmonic oscillators
- Nonlinear Microwave and RF Circuits, 2nd Edition
Additional info for Adaptive Radar Signal Processing
This is where adaptivity becomes useful, provided that the radar is designed to adapt its beamforming technique in accordance with the received data. Practical issues (such as cost and physical limitations) put constraints on the number of elements in a sampled aperture and the separation between them. Thomson’s multi-taper method (MTM), described in this chapter, is shown to perform in a robust enough manner for the difﬁcult case of correlated signals and to extract the desired signal information in an optimum way.
2 Angle-of-Arrival Estimation in the Presence of Multipath The Composite Spectrum The use of adaptive weighting as developed above provides superior protection against leakage and bias. Thomson also offers a further reﬁnement to achieve higher resolution by considering each speciﬁc frequency point f0 as a free parameter in (f − W ≤ f0 ≤ f + W). 36) k =0 and Sˆ (f0) is the adaptive spectrum developed earlier. This choice of weights imposes the constraint that Sˆ(f0) should have sufﬁcient degrees of freedom for w(f0) to have a reasonable distribution.
11) is found in terms of the eigenfunction expansion of the kernel, which is recognized as the Dirichlet kernel with known eigenfunctions, namely, the prolate spheroidal wavefunctions; these functions are fundamental to the study of time and frequency-limited systems. 11) is carried out in some local interval about f, say ( f − W, f + W), using the prolate spheroidal wavefunctions as a basis. 13) where the Uk (N,W;f ), k = 0, 1, . . , N − 1 are the discrete prolate spheroidal wave1 functions (DPSWF); and W, lying in the interval 0 < W < −, 2 is the local bandwidth, which is normally on the order of 1/N.