By Kenneth M. Heilman
In Creativity and the mind, Kenneth Heilman explores the prospective mind mechanisms which underlie creativity, through reviewing the present facts and asserting new rules. at the method, he discusses the relationships among creativity and intelligence, mind anatomy, neuropharmacology, habit, handedness, intercourse ameliorations, and temper states resembling melancholy. He additionally addresses the consequences of neurological problems and getting older, in addition to the effect of environmental components akin to tolerance and nurturing.The ebook should be of curiosity to neuroscientists, psychologists, psychiatrists, neurologists and educators The enticing and succinct variety of this e-book additionally make it attractive to scholars, and researchers from a number of disciplines who've an curiosity in knowing the mind mechanisms underlying creativity.
Read or Download Creativity and the Brain PDF
Similar neuropsychology books
It truly is anticipated that over three million humans in step with 12 months are injured in motorcar injuries and as much as forty five% of individuals in a significant automobile twist of fate improve posttraumatic rigidity affliction. Written by way of the creators of an empirically supported cognitive-behavioral remedy application, this workbook comprises the entire details worthy for a shopper to benefit the proper talents to beat their MVA-related PTSD.
This e-book provides the paintings on aphasia popping out of the Institute for Aphasia and Stroke in Norway in the course of its 10 years of life. instead of reviewing formerly provided paintings, it was once my wish to provide a unified research and dialogue of our gathered facts. The empirical foundation for the research is a pretty big team (249 sufferers) investigated with a customary, accomplished set of strategies.
Medical purposes of Microcomputers in verbal exchange problems is a complete reference for the usage of microcomputers within the box of verbal exchange issues. The human-machine interface is mentioned, in addition to notice processing and information processing. using the microcomputer within the prognosis and therapy of speech-language pathology can be reviewed.
Intercourse variations within the important apprehensive procedure bargains a entire exam of the present country of intercourse adjustments study, from either the fundamental technology and scientific study views. Given the present NIH directive that funded preclinical examine needs to give some thought to either adult females and men, this subject is of curiosity to an expanding percent of the neuroscience learn inhabitants.
- Trauma interventions in war and peace: prevention, practice, and policy
- The Neurology of Olfaction
- Healing from post-traumatic stress : a workbook for recovery
- Language, Cognition, and the Brain: Insights From Sign Language Research
- Non-Neuronal Cells of the Nervous System: Function and Dysfunction: Structure, Organization, Development and Regeneration: in Molecular and Cell Biology) (Pt. I)
Additional info for Creativity and the Brain
In the first stage, preparation, a creative person acquires the skills and knowledge that allow that person to develop creative works. For example, Einstein developed superb skills in physics and math before he made his great discoveries, and Picasso learned to draw forms and mix colors before he painted his masterpieces. Eysenck (1995) in his book, Genius, noted that before you can solve a problem you need to recognize a problem, and he believes there is a stage of problem finding. He noted that to find a problem a person must have extensive knowledge in the field where the person wants to find a problem.
1. Diagram of a neuron, demonstrating cell body, axon, and dendrites. thereby providing support for the connectivity postulate of intelligence. This increase in neuronal connectivity could increase the potential for the development of the neuronal networks that are important for learning and the storage of knowledge. Charles Spearman (1905), one of the founders of the psychometric approach to intelligence, noted that, independent of the cognitive tests that he and other investigators used to measure intelligence, performance on that one test strongly correlated with performance on other cognitive tests that measure mental ability in different domains.
Tang and coworkers (1999) demonstrated in transgenic mice that overexpression of the gene for the NMDA receptor in the forebrains of these mice, which leads to an increase in NMDA ion channel density, is associated with superior learning ability, as assessed by various behavioral tasks. Thus, differences in the NMDA gaited ion channels might represent a unifying mechanism for associative learning and memory. These observations suggest that genetic control of cognitive attributes such as intelligence can be mediated neurochemically.